Summary: This article, intended for first-time users, will help you create a simple event with a single session, create a link to distribute to your audience, set your stream live and connect, as an end user, to check it out.
1. Create an Event
- Login to your VancastVideo account and, in case you have more than one, select the workspace you want to work with
- Click New Event
- Within the New Event modal window: Give a name to your event, choose the Page template "Video Player" and indicate the date you plan to stream live (This date is used only for organizational purposes, i.e calendar view).
- Skip for now the other options and press Save
2. Setup a link to distribute to your audience
Hover over the event box and click on the Event' name area (Your first Live Event Video)
...to access the Event Management page:
Click over to enable the link
You will now see the created link on the screen (named "New Open Link")
To Copy the "New Open Link" you've just created, click on its box
Click to copy the URL to the clipboard.
3. Launch the streaming engines
VancastVideo allocates fresh and dedicated cloud streaming engines for each streaming session. These engines receive the encoded RTMP stream from your event and transcode it to several HLS (HTTP Live Streaming) qualities, for adaptive bitrate, and saves both a HLS and a MP4 copy in the cloud for on-demand use or download.
- On the left side menu, click Sessions to gain access to the main controls of your session
- Click on the session name (Default session in the example below) to unfold the Streaming Engines section
Choose the Region to deploy engines in
Click Launch Now
Within a few minutes (up to three) you will get a Primary Push URL and a Stream Token
4. Stream a live video from an Encoder
Open your encoding software app and set up a video signal
for now, make sure that these streaming settings are set as described below:
- Encode size: 1280 x 720
- Video bit rate: 2.000 kbps or 2.0Mbps
- Audio bit rate: 64 - 96 kbps
- Frame-rate: 25fps
- Profile: main
- Level: 3.1
- Audio codec: AAC or HE-AAC
Copy the Primary push URL by Clikingand paste it into the RTMP URL of your encoding app
Copy the Stream token by Clikingand paste it into the Stream Name or Key field of your encoding app
Start streaming from your encoding app. After a few seconds you will see the session's interface little dot becomes green, which means that the streaming engines are receiving the streams from your encoder:
5. Test the stream
Paste the link o a new browser' tab and click the Play button
You should now see the live streaming video:
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article